The 10 ten list for this picture: New Mosque, Brunei
1.Diesel is cheaper than bottled water so everyone drives. Climate change!!!
2.An idea of a good time includes "mocktails"-virgin everything at midnight, or a hotel room of Malaysian vodka.
3. Airplane rides begin and end with a prayer for safe journey.
4. At Thai restaurants, kababayans know I'm from the archipelago!
5. Using the words, "your highness" more than twice in two weeks and learning royal protocol!
6. Classic example of classic monarchy--women hold off delivery dates to coincide with the Sultan's birthday celebration! (Kids born on the same day as the Sultan get a trust fund in his name.)
NOT REALLY HALAL FOOD?
7. Having lechon at the kiddie party of the secretary to the Phil. Ambassador to halal-Brunei.
DINING AND PHOTO-OPS
8. Eating fruit from an ice sculpture in the Phil. Embassy with a microfinance guru, and lo and behold, nagkodakan na nga!
MASS IN A MUSLIM COUNTRY
9. Attending Catholic mass in the only Catholic Church in an Islamic country, and being invited to hang-out afterwards!
10. Learning that Malay for umbrella is the same is as in Filipino:)